We are looking to fill the role of
- Seasonal Field Worker
Read more below and click the button to apply
Seasonal Field Worker
We're seeking someone hard-working & passionate about regenerative farming and local food to fill the Seasonal Field Worker position. Working at BCF means contributing to the preservation and sustainability of this Austin gem so that it may continue to serve the community for future generations.
This is a part-time position, 20-30 hours/week, Tues-Fri or Tues-Sat. Applicants must visit the farm and volunteer to be considered. This position starts as a 3-month seasonal role and has potential for becoming a year-round position based on exemplary performance and passion. Starting pay is $13/hr with potential for performance-based bonuses.
Benefits: Employees are encouraged to take free produce from the employee rack and also receive 25% off of everything sold in the on-site market including local bought-in items such as meat, dairy, eggs, baked goods and much more.
Farm Duties and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in all types of weather (extreme cold, extreme heat, wind, rain, snow, etc.)
- Must be able to carry up to 50lbs repeatedly
- Planting, weeding, harvesting, processing, prepping beds, tarp and irrigation maintenance, etc.
- Ability to crouch, squat, and bend over while performing a sustained repetitive task
- Interested in working with our chickens: feeding, watering, cleaning out the coop
- Exceptional listening skills and awareness of surroundings
- Problem solving skills and an aptitude for thinking on one’s feet
- Willingness to work hard and persevere at an efficient pace, despite tough conditions
- Reliability in showing up for shifts, energized and ready to work
- Motivated to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Passionate about local, regenerative agriculture and good, fresh food
- Great communication skills and ability to work both as an individual and as a team
- Willingness to ask questions and an eagerness to learn
All applicants must be 18 or older to be considered. Please click the button below to fill out an application, and we will reach out with more information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and further information (resume, cover letter).