We are looking to fill the role of
Read more below and click the button to apply
We're seeking someone creative who can collaborate on the sales and operations for our on-site market, while educating and engaging with customers. This position is 30-40 hrs/wk, Tuesday through Saturday, with flexibility revolving around our market hours.
Duties and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Pricing BCF produce and local bought-in items based on relevant variables
- Ordering, stocking, and taking inventory of bought-in items
- Communicating with vendors in a friendly, professional manner
- Arriving as early as 6AM to set up market Wed-Sat
- Ability to create displays in the market to feature certain products and drive sales
- Tending to the maintenance, appearance, and cleanliness of the market
- interacting with customers through education, helpful suggestions, recipes, tips, etc. in a way that drives sales, builds relationships, and satisfies customer curiosity
- Willing to research and learn about nutritional value of crops, growing tips, seasons, bought in products, and to share this information with market customers, including simple delicious recipes.
- Becoming proficient with Square point-of-sale
- Collaborating with coworkers to create informative signage that enhances the shopping experience
- Finding creative ways to maximize sales when there's an abundance of produce (i.e. reaching out to chefs)
- Sorting produce to be sold in the market based on the BCF hierarchy (market, employees, chickens, compost); preparing harvested produce by cleaning, bunching, basketing, etc.
- Must be a creative individual with an eye for design for creating signage, posters, pamphlets, social media posts, etc.
- Comfortable using technology such as Google Drive, Canva or other design software, Square dashboard, online software for record keeping, etc.
- Ability to work in the field from time-to-time for tasks such as harvesting, weeding, planting, etc.
- Must be able to carry up to 50lbs repeatedly
All applicants must be 18 or older to be considered. Experience Please click the button below to fill out an application, and we will reach out with more information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and further information (resume, cover letter).